Many Americans are currently out of a job as certain businesses aren’t being forced to temporarily shut down.
Taking on a side hustle is a great way to aid your income and the following are 5 different jobs you can take on from the safety of your home.
- Online tutoring Many schools have adopted remote learning so students can continue their curriculum while staying at home, and parents who have taken on the role of teacher may need reinforcements. Sharing your skills with eager learners to help them master tough subjects is a great way to earn money. You can list your services through a variety of platforms, including Craigslist, Skool and Course Hero.
- Freelance services Are you an expert in any field? Do you have professional skills to offer? You can easily contribute your expertise to individuals, small businesses or larger corporations from the comfort of your home. Job boards such as Fiverr and UpWork are great places to start. Reaching out to friends, families and previous colleagues, or contacting businesses directly is another method to offer up your services. Creating a professional website and utilizing social media are some helpful tactics in highlighting your expertise to companies.
- Coupon and rebate apps: If you’re already doing the majority of your shopping online, you can take advantage of apps like Rakuten, Ibotta, Honey and Dosh. These apps and web browser plug-ins can automatically save you money when checking out of your favorite stores and restaurantsby searching for the best available prices and automatically applying coupon codes to your order, making sure you’re saving money whenever possible.
- Online sales: Online platforms make it easy to sell the items you have in your home or in storage. eBay and Craigslist are the tried and true sites for selling your belongings. However, there are several newcomers in this space, such as OfferUp, Poshmark and Tradesy that provide you with more potential customers.
- Delivery driver: Uber Eats, Postmates, GrubHub, Instacart and Doordash are just a few of the many delivery services that connect millions of hungry people to the food and meals they crave the most. If you have a vehicle and a valid driver’s license, you are ready to apply. However, be sure to check with your insurance agent to make sure you have sufficient coverage to use your car in this new capacity.
For more ideas, read our recent article “How to Build an Emergency Fund.”
Let Uniamericainc.com help you with insurance today!
Subscribe to our blog below!