California small business insurance policies
Commercial Liability Insurance is not mandatory for businesses operating in California. The state courts, however, have a reputation for awarding large liability judgments. So if you own property or other valuable assets, it is wise to invest in invest in sufficient commercial liability coverage to limit your risk exposure.
General liability insurance
This policy covers third-party bodily injuries, third-party property damage, and advertising injuries. For example, it can help pay for legal expenses in California courts when:
- A visitor is injured after slipping in your restaurant.
- You accidentally drop a client’s laptop while completing repairs at your home business.
- A competitor sues your business over an insulting review your employee left online.
Commercial property insurance
Commercial property insurance covers commercial real estate and equipment owned by your business. It can cover expenses to repair or replace your property when:
- An electrical fire destroys your inventory.
- A windstorm knocks a tree branch through the roof of your office.
- A thief steals your office equipment.
Professional liability insurance (errors and omissions insurance)
E&O insurance offers lawsuit protection for those who make a living off their expertise. It can help pay for legal expenses when:
- A client claims you made a design mistake that reduced company profit.
- Your web development business misses a deadline that puts a project behind schedule.
- You breach a contract.
If you are shopping for auto, home, business, life, or health insurance let Uniamericainc.com help you today!