UniAmerica Insurance, Inc. is a family-owned insurance agency based in Wilmington, CA specializing in auto, home, health, life, and commercial insurance and auto trucking insurance.
Why UniAmerica Insurance?
With over 25 years of experience in the insurance arena and Wilmington, CA, UniAmerica Insurance works step by step to match you with the best coverages that matches your lifestyle. We are a small family-owned business not just dedicated to our growth but the growth of our agents and staff. We take our time to get to know you as a person and professional to build on your strengths. We offer career advancement by paying for your educational training and licensing if needed. We also want to make sure our employees are healthy and happy as we grow together, so we offer the following benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K and a lot more. But the good stuff doesn’t stop there. We take birthdays very seriously, monthly brunches and have a great time at our annual outdoor cinema outings among many other fun events!
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include your name and position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Example: “First Name Last Name-Position”
We have the following open positions:
The Account Manager will work independently and report to the sales manager. The Account Manager will assist in the production of new accounts and the retention of existing accounts. They will provide prompt, effective, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of UniAmerica Insurance. The Account Manager will help insurance companies generate new business by contacting potential customers and selling one or more types of insurance. The Account Manager will create a pool of prospective clients from various sources by networking, cold calling, using referrals among other ways. Insurance sales agents will thoroughly and persuasively explain various insurance policies and help clients choose plans that best suit them.
- Generate productive relationships to create a pool of prospective clients from various sources by networking, cold calling, using referrals, and cross-sell.
- Evaluate business or individual customers’ needs, financial status and propose protection plans that meet their criteria.
- Gather information for the OPRX of designated accounts sixty days prior to renewal and for delivering renewals for designated accounts according to dates in the agenda.
- Review existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance should be solicited and does so by mail, email, text message and phone prior to renewal.
- Call receives phone calls and office visitors requesting quotes, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies.
- Determines acceptability and placement, completes applications or endorsements, and collects premium.
- Receives and reviews all terminations and cancellations to determine action to be taken and takes needed action within 24 hours of receipt. Ensures that all downloads Suspenses are resolve within 24 hours of receipt.
- Responsible to manage the CCNP List for designated and Suspenses with Priority 3.
- Follows up on outstanding claims and helps in their resolution of designated accounts, as necessary.
- Solicits expiration dates for policies not written by agency. Expectations are an average of one expiration date per potential client serviced.
- Actively solicits increases in limits and/or coverages or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact.
- Actively seeks referrals from current client base to solicit for new business prospects. Expectation is five referrals per week.
- Documents and attaches all material conversations with insureds and/or carriers regarding exposures and coverages in the Management Systems.
- Spends 40% of the time in renewal and customer service. The other 60% of the time is utilized to offer new policies to designed accounts and prospecting to designated prospects to increase commission per account.
- Meets the monthly, and annual goals established by agency.
- Attend weekly office meeting and monthly accounts progress meeting.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- Also assist with Registration Services and Filings for Commercial Truckers.
Experience and Education
- At least 3 years of recent Account Management experience, preferred.
- At least 5 years of Personal Lines insurance experience, required.
- Truckers insurance experience, required.
- Demonstrated success in overall customer service.
Education / Certification
- High School diploma; undergraduate degree preferred.
- Appropriate insurance agent’s license required.
- Professional designation (CPCU/CIC/ACSR/CISR) preferred.
- Willingness to continue education is essential.
- Proven working experience as an Account Manager and Customer Service or relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the following insurance plans: (auto, motorcycle, home, commercial, trucking)
- Must have all licenses as required by the CA State Department of Insurance to discuss and/or sell insurance in states where the agency functions. Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic computer knowledge and statistical analysis.
- Proven ability to work with goals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, influence and sell effectively.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and in creating long-lasting relationships.
- Bilingual; English and Spanish, required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Leadership – Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others.
- Communication – Demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal, visual and written communications.
- Service – Exhibits a professional demeanor toward others. Empathetically serves others and assists fellow employees and managers in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures.
- Organization – Well organized and able to prioritize, multi-task and adhere to deadlines while working efficiently and independently with minimal supervision. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions.
- Team Player – Cooperate well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to accomplish the business goal. Willingness to perform tasks assigned by managers and to assist others as needed.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify problems, find solutions and make sound decisions that reflect UniAmerica Insurance code of ethics.