Do You Really Need Commercial Auto Insurance?

If you are currently using a vehicle as a part of your occupation, profession or business (besides commuting) then yes, a commercial policy is necessary. The same coverages you may have for your personal vehicle , are the same ones you’ll need for your commercial vehicle. Read on to learn the quick basics on commercial auto insurance!

What does Commercial Auto Insurance cover?

Typical coverages include:

  • liability for bodily injury to others
  • liability/medical expenses/lost wages for your own personal injury, your employee or regular passenger
  • liability for bodily injury that occurs outside your residing state
  • collision coverage associated with an accident regardless of who’s at fault
  • comprehensive collision
  • medical payments such as costs for hospitalization, treatment and funeral costs
  • uninsured/underinsured motorists
  • non-owned auto coverage in a situation where you or your employee may be renting or borrowing a vehicle
  • loading and unloading liability
  • substitution vehicle if your current commercial vehicle is being repaired while using a loaner from the repair shop
  • towing and labor costs

What Type of Vehicles Can be Covered by Commercial Auto Insurance?

Any of the following are eligible for commercial auto coverage: cargo vans, limos,taxis,SUVs and pick up trucks.
So pretty much anything vehicle business-related should definitely be covered by commercial auto insurance.
If you’d like to know what kind of coverage you need and want further information, contact an agent at Uniamerica Insurance!
Call us: (310) 835-5537 , visit our website for a free quote or come into our office located at 935 N. Avalon Blvd. Wilmington CA, 90744.