Emergency medical coverage can reimburse the costs to treat a medical emergency during a trip. Read the following to learn how you can use emergency medical coverage.
What does it cover?
The following coverage is typically found in a Travel Medical insurance plan.
- Reimbursement for unexpected medical costs due to emergency medical care.
- Reimbursement for unexpected dental costs due to an accident.
- Advance payments to medical facilities and help get emergency medical transportation when you are injured.
- Coordination of and payment for emergency medical evacuation services, including medical care providers to attend to you until you reach an appropriate medical care facility.
- AD&D and travel accident benefits to help take care of you or your family if you are seriously injured or killed while traveling.
- Emergency travel assistance services to help you locate a local an appropriate medical facility to care for your medical needs and those of your family.
Examples of travelers that might buy it
Travelers like these should purchase travel medical insurance:
- US Citizens going abroad. A typical health insurance plan doesn’t extend outside the U.S. borders, so if you’re traveling abroad, you’ll want travel medical coverage for accidental illnesses and injuries that occur outside your health insurance coverage zone.
- Visitors to the US. When family members visit from abroad and stay a few days or even a year, they should have coverage for their stay.
- Business travelers working overseas. If your health insurance plan doesn’t extend outside the U.S. (and most don’t), you’ll need some medical and evacuation coverage if you’re working overseas.
- Expats and long-term travelers. Not only does your own health insurance (even Medicare) fail to cover you outside the U.S., if you are visiting multiple countries, you’ll want to ensure you have the same coverage no matter where you travel.
- Missionaries and foreign aid workers. Just because you are traveling to make a difference in someone else’s life doesn’t mean something bad can’t happen to you. Be sure you are protected in case you have a medical emergency or need to be evacuated to safety.
Let Uniamericainc.com help you with rental insurance today!