Los Angeles county clarified curfews today for today, Monday June 1, 2020.
Both the city and county are under curfew beginning at 6p.m Monday to 6.am Tuesday.
The L.A. County website offered this reasoning: “The effects of public calamity caused disaster and extreme peril to the safety of people and property. Because of the dangers which often occur under cover of darkness and the difficulty to preserve public safety during these hours, a curfew was ordered, as allowed by Government Code Section 8634.”
L.A. County listed the following exemptions from the curfew: “Peace officers, fire fighters and National Guard or other military personnel deployed to the area, individuals traveling to and from work, people experiencing homelessness and without access to a viable shelter and individuals seeking medical treatment.”
Here are the times for the curfews.
The following cities have implemented stricter curfews that began earlier today:
- Beverly Hills– 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Burbank- 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Culver City- 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Glendale- 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Long Beach- 1:00 p.m. (in the business district) 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. (citywide)
- Santa Monica– 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- West Hollywood– 4:00 p.m. and ending at sunrise
Please check with your local city for additional information.
Let Uniamericainc.com help you with insurance today!
Subscribe to our blog below!