Get a free auto insurance quote from Uniamerica Insurance. Uniamerica Insurance has been protecting autos and motorcycles like yours for over 25 years. We’re with you, every step of the way!
What is car storage insurance?
Also called, “comprehensive-only coverage.”
This policy only provides comprehensive coverage. Whether you keep your stored car in your garage, a friend’s garage, or a storage facility, there is still a chance that vandalism, theft, or natural disasters can happen. In cases such as these, your insurance agency would cover the cost of the damages.
Since your policy only provides comprehensive insurance coverage, as opposed to liability insurance and collision insurance in addition to comprehensive coverage, you won’t have to pay as much.
When to Buy Car Storage Insurance
The following are a few scenarios in which you might want to consider buying comprehensive-only insurance:
- If you have a hobby car you want to work on for a few months before you drive
- If you have a sports car or heavy truck you only drive during certain months of the year
- If you inherited a car from a family member but don’t drive it
- If you have a summer or winter home with separate cars meant only for that location
- If you stopped driving a certain car because of COVID-19 social distancing measures
Some car insurance companies may require you to have another traditional auto insurance policy active before purchasing comprehensive-only insurance for a stored vehicle.
Speak with a licensed agent at Uniamericainc.com to discuss which coverages best fit your unique situation.
Call us directly 1-310-835-3373 or start a quote online.
Subscribe to our blog below!