California’s Automobile Claims Mediation Program
If you have a dispute over a claim with your insurance carrier, you may be able to take advantage of California’s Auto Claims Mediation Program, which provides a way to help settle claim disputes with the assistance of a third-party mediator at no cost to you.
You may be eligible for the program if the dispute with your insurance provider involves:
- The extent or amounts of damages.
- Methods of repair.
- Cause of damage.
- Prior damage vs. recent damage.
- Total loss.
- This is when an insurance company declares your car not repairable and reimburses you the estimated value of the car instead of repairing the car.
- Value of a total loss.
You are not eligible for the mediation program if the dispute involves the following issues:
- Coverage issues.
- Legal interpretations of your policy.
- Statute of limitations and contractual limitations on claim filing periods.
- Agent or broker actions.
For more information about CA’s Auto Claims Mediation process, visit the CA Department of Insurance website.
For more information on the Good Driver Discount policy, get in touch with one of our agents at UniAmerica Insurance by calling us 310-835-3373 or contact us on our website.