How we assist you with Income Tax Filings:
- Small Business Owners
More information is found here: https://www.irs.gov/filing
Information We’ll Need To Assist You:
- Filing status
- Federal income tax withheld.
- Basic information to help you determine your gross income
The tool is designed for taxpayers who were U.S. citizens or resident aliens for the entire tax year for which they’re inquiring. If married, the spouse must also have been a U.S. citizen or resident alien for the entire tax year. For information regarding nonresidents or dual-status aliens, please see International Taxpayers and Publication 519, U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens.
Conclusions are based on information provided by you in response to the questions you answered. Answers do not constitute written advice in response to a specific written request of the taxpayer within the meaning of section 6404(f) of the Internal Revenue Code.
For signing an electronic return see How do I sign my tax return when I e-file?
For signing a paper tax return:
- If you file a joint return, both spouses must sign the return. If your spouse cannot sign because of a medical condition and requests that you sign the return, sign your spouse’s name in the proper place, followed by the word “by” then your signature, followed by the word “husband” or “wife.” Be sure to also sign in the regular space provided for your signature. Attach a statement that includes the form number of the return you’re filing, the tax year, the reason your spouse cannot sign the return, and that your spouse has agreed to your signing for him or her. If you’re the guardian for your spouse who is mentally incompetent, you may sign the return for your spouse as “guardian.”
- If your spouse cannot sign the return for any other reason, you may only sign it if you have a valid power of attorney. You should attach the document granting you power of attorney to the return. You may use Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF) for this purpose.
- If you’re filing a return for a minor child who cannot sign the return, sign the child’s name followed by the word “by,” your signature, and your relationship, such as “parent” or “guardian for minor child.
For more information, call us at (310) 835-3373.