Did you know that today is National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day!?
Yes, that’s right. This month is basically pumpkin-everything month, but when it comes to cheesecake, it’s almost an art to be able to combine two different palates and still make them work. It’s typical to hear about pumpkin pie, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin cakes and more. You also hear about different fruit-flavored cheesecakes…but wait a minute, PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE?
Start you pumpkin cheesecake celebration with the following recipe:
|2 Sticks(One cup)||Butter|
|2 1/2 cups||Flour|
|1 cup||Granulated Sugar|
|1/2 cup||Pumpkin(canned or fresh pureed)|
|1/2 cup||Sour Cream|
|2 teaspoons||Baking Powder|
|1/2 teaspoon||Baking Soda|
|1/3 teaspoon(or less)||Salt|
|8 ounces||Cream Cheese|
|1/3 cup||Granulated Sugar|
|1/4 cup||Canned Pumpkin|
|1 tablespoon||Corn Starch|
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- In a mixing bowl, beat ingredients until very smooth.
- Set aside and prepare cake batter.
- Pour into glass dish on top of batter as described in cake instructions below.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix in pumpkin and sour cream. Blend thoroughly until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into a buttered 13×9 inch glass baking dish.
- Add the filling mix, spreading the batter evenly in the dish.
- Add remaining batter and lightly swirl into filling.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into twelve servings
Serving Tips and Suggestions:
- Add Whipped cream on top when serving.
Bon Appétit fellow pumpkin lovers!
Digital Marketing Director | Writer
Need car, business, rental, health, pet (the list goes on for us) insurance??
[contact-form subject=”Free Quote”][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″ /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″ /][contact-field label=”What type of insurance are you interested in?” type=”textarea” required=”1″ /][/contact-form]