UniAmerica Insurance Inc.
UniAmerica Insurance, Inc. is a family-owned insurance agency specializing in auto, home, health, life, and commercial insurance and auto trucking insurance
Why UniAmerica Insurance™?
With over 25 years of experience in the insurance arena and Wilmington, CA, UniAmerica Insurance works step by step to match you with the best coverages that matches your lifestyle. We are a small family-owned business not just dedicated to our growth but the growth of our agents and staff. We take our time to get to know you as a person and professional to build on your strengths. We offer career advancement by paying for your educational training and licensing if needed. We also want to make sure our employees are healthy and happy as we grow together, so we offer the following benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K and a lot more. But the good stuff doesn’t stop there. We take birthdays very seriously, monthly brunches and have a great time at our annual outdoor cinema outings among many other fun events!
The Administrative Assistant will work directly with the CEO and be primarily responsible for performing administrative tasks as needed. This includes greeting customers and serving as the liaison for office visitors. Receiving and making payments. Composing letters and other office memos as required and answering telephone calls. Creating flyers for office changes as needed.
Firsty, it really helps to obtain:
- A “can do” attitude and the ability to be self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to handle sensitive or confidential situations
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Customer Services to include answering phones, greeting customers.
- Process and review insurance documentation and ensure all documents are complete.
- Take payments from customers and process through Hawksoft system.
- Maintain office supply inventory.
- Serve as a back-up for other jobs as necessary
- Gain in-depth and thorough understanding of different types of insurance including auto, home, health, commercial, and life.
- File and maintain customer insurance files. This information is personal and confidential.
- Travel may be required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- At least 1 year of experience in administrative assistance (insurance, finance, tech or legal).
- At least 3 years of experience in an Insurance institute.
- At least 5 years of customer service.
Education / Certification
- High School diploma;
- Any type of insurance license preferred, not required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Technical: Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Products: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Management software systems proficiency preferred.
- 40-60 WPM.
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organization ability
- Strong computer skills including customer management systems such as Hawksoft.
- Possess critical thinking, problem solving and judgment.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish preferred, a plus
SALARY AND EMPLOYMENT
- Pay range dependent on experience and skill
- Generous commission plan
- Company benefits including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K
- Paid time off (vacation and personal/sick days)
- Flexible schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
Please email Heidy at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and brief cover letter.