UniAmerica Insurance Inc.
UniAmerica Insurance, Inc. is a family-owned insurance agency specializing in auto, home, health, life, and commercial insurance and auto trucking insurance
Why UniAmerica Insurance™?
With over 25 years of experience in the insurance arena and Wilmington, CA, UniAmerica Insurance works step by step to match you with the best coverages that matches your lifestyle. We are a small family-owned business not just dedicated to our growth but the growth of our agents and staff. We take our time to get to know you as a person and professional to build on your strengths. We offer career advancement by paying for your educational training and licensing if needed. We also want to make sure our employees are healthy and happy as we grow together, so we offer the following benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K and a lot more. But the good stuff doesn’t stop there. We take birthdays very seriously, monthly brunches and have a great time at our annual outdoor cinema outings among many other fun events!
The Commercial Lines Manager will be primarily responsible for the ongoing management of commercial clients, retention of new and renewal clients, and maintaining a partnership with the producer to support business development activities while upholding high service standards. These duties include but are not limited to:
Firsty, it really helps to obtain:
- A “can do” attitude and the ability to be self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to handle sensitive or confidential situations
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Maintaining relationships with multiple insurance companies/MGAs to negotiate and obtain quotes, binders, endorsements, etc.
- Independently manages accounts on a day-to-day basis which includes coordinating all services, and resolving problems which may arise.
- Work closely with UniAmerica Insurance’s sales team to understand a client and/or prospect’s needs, submits coverage specifications and obtains quotes from potential carriers for new and renewal business.
- Proactively maintains partnership with the producer by keeping him/her informed of pertinent information regarding the accounts and provides support and assistance for the development of new business.
- Managing established book of accounts
- Makes decisions regarding the resolution of all moderate and complex customer service problems: research and resolve coverage issues, audit issues, billing discrepancies in a timely manner.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- At least 3-5 years of recent Commercial Lines Account Management experience, preferred
- Large property accounts experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in overall customer service
Education / Certification
- High School diploma; undergraduate degree preferred
- Appropriate insurance agent’s license required
- Professional designation (CPCU/CIC/ACSR/CISR) a plus but not required
- Willingness to continue education is essential
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Technical: Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Products: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Management software systems proficiency preferred.
- Have a good understanding of the state of the current market in commercial insurance
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with internal and external clients at all levels
- High level of organization ability
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and help develop new processes and procedures to help the company become more efficient
- Solution driven problem solving skills and proven analytical skills
- Be detail-oriented, with the ability to plan, manage and oversee department operations
- Possess the ability to work independently, applying education and professional experience to achieve outstanding results
- Bilingual – English and Spanish preferred, a plus
SALARY AND EMPLOYMENT
- Pay range dependent on experience and skill
- Generous commission plan
- Company benefits including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K
- Paid time off (vacation and personal/sick days)
- Flexible schedule
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com. We will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process. We look forward to hearing from you! 🙂