Uniamerica Insurance is committed to educating you on the various coverages that are available, but most importantly, the one’s required from the state of California.
Below are your basic motorcycle insurance requirements.
You must possess at minimum, liability insurance in the state of California:
- $5,000 for damage to property.
- $15,000 for injury/death to one person.
- $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
Bear in mind that different providers offer different rates. It is advisable to reach out to a Uniamerica Insurance agent to shop and access the policy that will best suit you personally and financially. After buying a policy, your provider will give you a document or ID card.
Remember to have this proof of insurance with you whenever you drive your motorbike. You will need to show the proof in case you get pulled over by a police, or if you are an involved party in an accident. You do not need to provide evidence of liability insurance for the following:
- Special equipment vehicles.
- Off-highway vehicles.
- Vehicles registered to a government entity (city, county, state, federal).
- Vehicles registered under a planned non-operation (PNO) status.
Let Uniamericainc.com help you with insurance today!
Subscribe to our blog below!