What is Commercial Auto Insurance?
It provides protection for any vehicle used for business use against both property damage and liability. Whether you drive a vehicle that is for dedicated business use or drive a personal vehicle for business, it is important to have commercial auto insurance, a normal auto policy won’t cover it.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
There are several types of coverage may be included in your commercial auto policy; there are some that you may have to purchase separately. You will also need to choose the coverage amounts (“limits”) and deductibles. Typical coverage available includes:
- Property damage liability
- Liability for bodily injury to others
- Optional bodily injury coverage for injuries that occur outside of the state in which you reside
- Personal injury to you, your employed drivers or passengers including medical expenses and lost wages
- Collision coverage for costs associated with an accident, regardless of who is at fault
- Comprehensive coverage for damage other than collision
- Medical payments coverage for the cost of hospitalization, treatment and funeral expenses
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
- Non-owned auto coverage for when you or your employees drive a rented or borrowed vehicle
- Loading and unloading liability
- Substitution transportation when your commercial vehicle is being repaired and you use a loaner from the repair shop
- Towing and labor costs
Let Uniamericainc.com help you with commercial auto insurance today!